Hardscaping is a type of landscaping that utilizes features such as rocks, boulders, and stones to create an outdoor design.
When you live in a desert climate, hardscaping is a great way to get a stunning outdoor area with tons of curb appeal without needing to spend extra time and money on maintenance. So, we compiled a quick guide to give you a few ideas on how you can use rocks and boulders creatively in your next landscaping project.
- If you have your heart set on a pool, you can add an eye catching waterfall feature with larger boulders and rocks. That way, you can entertain in your back yard and have so much more to look at than a wet hole in the ground.
- You can use stone to build a retaining wall to serve a number pf purposes. You can use it to add privacy to an outdoor entertainment space or you can use it as an added feature next to a pool or pond.
- You can add tons of curb appeal to your front yard by creating a walkway that takes advantage of the multicolored rocks and stones that are naturally abundant in the valley. For an added pop of color, you can throw in a little softscaping without sacrificing your low-maintenance dreams.
For help planing your next landscaping project with rocks and boulders, contact the landscaping professionals in Las Vegas at 702.531.6789.
Latest posts by joseph.stevenson (see all)
- How to Care for Plants in the Winter - November 25, 2015
- Increase the Value of Your Home - November 20, 2015
- Protecting Your Yard for the Winter - October 22, 2015