When it comes time to landscaping your yard, two of the first things that come to mind are protecting your children and protecting your pets. If you’re like most homeowners, however, landscaping your yard can seem like a lost cause when you have a dog or two. So, we’ve compiled a few great ideas for you to get the visually pleasing backyard you deserve that’s designed with your pets in mind.
Pet-Friendly Landscaping Tips
- Hardscaping. Use rocks, stone, and boulders to add depth and design to your yard. There are tons of styles and colors of rock that can be used creatively so that you’re eyes are happy and you don’t have to worry about the pup digging up expensive sod.
- Artificial grass. This is a great alternative if you love the look of a green lawn but don’t want to worry about the pups while you aren’t looking. Artificial laws are water-resistant and super durable so they’re able to withstand years of puppy play time.
- Dog fence. The simplest way to protect your landscaping is to keep your pooch out of certain areas. This can be achieved pretty easily by installing a pet fence to keep Fido contained in one section of the yard. This makes it possible for you to have the vegetable garden you’ve always wanted without fear of your dog demolishing the zucchini.
Once you’ve got an idea of how you’d like to design your yard, contact a landscaping company in Las Vegas to help you get started. An experienced professional will be able to get you the most landscaping for your money while also protecting your pets from plants that can kill them. So, schedule your appointment today by calling 702.531.6789.
Latest posts by joseph.stevenson (see all)
- How to Care for Plants in the Winter - November 25, 2015
- Increase the Value of Your Home - November 20, 2015
- Protecting Your Yard for the Winter - October 22, 2015