If you’re faced with the daunting task of selling your home, the term of “curb appeal” has probably come up with your realtor. The good news is that you can do this in many ways without breaking the bank. The most important thing to remember when preparing for this is that most prospective buyers will be turned away or brought in based on your curb appeal. To put it simply, the exterior of your home is the first impression that buyers have in many cases and they will move onto the next house if the exterior is not appealing.
You may not believe it, but small changes can be made to increase the curb appeal of your home. Below, you will find several small things that you can do without spending a lot of money.
- Pressure wash your walkways. This should include your driveway, siding, and any decks you have. Cleanliness always leaves a good first impression.
- Clean your gutters. This is often one simple thing that is neglected, but it can make a serious impact on the appeal of your home. If your gutters are in serious need of cleaning, this is something a buyer will see and be wary of.
- Clean your windows. Your eyes are the windows to your soul, and your windows look in on the soul of the home within. If your windows are dirty, customers will realize that you don’t take very good care of the home, and may thing you neglect other things, too.
- Trim your trees. This is another task that may seem simple or unnecessary, but it is actually quite the opposite. Clean cut trees and bushes make the home look newer and better manicured. You’ll be surprised by how much of a difference this makes.
- Mow the lawn. A lot of people neglect their lawns, thinking this is something a home buyer won’t notice. But if your lawn is overgrown and unkempt, it leaves a bad taste.
- Rake the leaves. This is a huge deal. A well-raked yard just looks better than a yard covered with leaves. You should also go to the effort of bagging them, as well. Nobody (well, besides your children) likes to see big piles of leaves everywhere. To a potential home buyer, this signals all the work they’ll have to do to upkeep the home.
- Get rid of litter. You don’t want to go to all this trouble to clean up your yard, and then realize you left trash bags or tools out all over the lawn. A messy appearance downplays any work that may have been done.
Each of these things are cost-free ways to increase the curb appeal of your home, and you will find that your home increases in showings when you just follow these simple tasks. Doing these tasks before you begin showing your home will increase your ability to sell it. If you have any questions about your landscaping in Las Vegas, contact our professional teams who will help you with all your landscaping needs. Get started on selling your home the right way, today.
- How to Care for Plants in the Winter - November 25, 2015
- Increase the Value of Your Home - November 20, 2015
- Protecting Your Yard for the Winter - October 22, 2015